Q: Steering hard to turn.

The power steering seems to not be working. The car makes a really horrible and loud squealing noise. Someone mentioned it might be the serpentine belt.

Hi there. The power steering system on your Hyundai is ran by a hydraulic pump. Most of the time if there is a loud noise coming from the pump it is because the fluid is low. I would start by checking the level of the power steering fluid. If the fluid level is fine then you can also check the belt on the front of the engine. Simply push on the belt and see if it seems tight. If the belt is loose then there may be a problem with the belt or the tensioner. If the fluid is low then you have a leak in the system which is typically the rack and pinion or one of the hoses. If you find that the fluid is low if it has a belt issue you should get the assistance of a certified mechanic that has the ability to diagnose this, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Steering hard to turn.