Q: If I replace my engine does it have to be the same year?

asked by on December 03, 2016

My car was running with no oil and the engine blew need to replace it. I just want to know if I have to get another engine that's the same year or can i go higher?

If you are looking to do an engine swap you should use the same year motor. This way you will not have different sensors and harnesses. Also you may have different exhaust, intakes, and accessories. From one year to another you may have so many differences that it will be very expensive to use a different year. I do not recommend using anything other than the same year.