Q: Advice on how to become a mechanic

I really want to get into the automotive industry. How do I start on doing it?

A: I learned from my grandfather who was a mec...

I learned from my grandfather who was a mechanic. I started when I was 14, but he wouldn't teach me anything, he'd only let me watch. Over time I practiced and figured things out myself. Today, you can learn a lot from the internet, for example you can watch all of my videos. There are even classes you can take online. So, if you want to learn, feel free to go out and use these resources. There are a lot of people on the internet who will help you out and give you a lot of information.

You can even buy an old junk car, learn how to fix it up yourself, and go from there. Of course, there are schools and places that can teach you, but it's really not worth spending 30-40 grand of your own money. You'll get out and find a job at some place that is going to pay you 30 to 50 an hour, when you've got to buy around $20,000-$40,000 worth of tools. You're better off learning it like I did. Just start off by fixing cars and doing it right by yourself.