Q: Rattling noise when car is turned on- louder when idle. Sporadic when driving.

My car recently started making a rattling type noise. It is sporadic when I drive and more audible when the car is idle. When I turn off the car it rattles as well

The rattling sound may come from any number of things that may be loose. The sound may intensify at an idle due to the fact that the engine runs much more smoothly when under power and at higher RPM’s. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing this rattling sound.

3. Rattling noise when car is turned on- louder when idle. Sporadic when driving.