Q: Opinion on a 2013 Mini Cooper

I know that you love Toyotas, but what are your thoughts on a 2013 Mini Cooper? Is it reliable?

A: I’m not a fan of them. My neighbor has one ...

I’m not a fan of them. My neighbor has one and to me that thing is so cheaply made. The wiring is so thin. Hers is eight years old and everything is shorting out. The thin little wires that they use ended up cracking. All of the insulation came apart and all of the copper parts started to touch each other which shorted everything out.

I would never buy one of those cars. If you do buy one, buy it when it is under warranty and get rid of it before the warranty goes out because they don’t make those things very well. They are pretty cheaply made vehicles from what I’ve seen. They are cute to look at but they do not hold up over time. Also, it’s important to realize that they basically have a lot of BMW components so everything costs a fortune when it breaks too.