Q: Crank no start

I found wires burned together repaired those check all wires, connections,fuses,relays,new fuel pump , checked all connections and wires still crank no start it think it's pcm just not real sure the injectors, coils ,fuel pump ,relays all work but still no start nothing function(relays,injectors,or coils) when cranking.

A: Hey there, thanks for asking about your 200...

Hey there, thanks for asking about your 2002 Ford Crown Victoria. Burned wires can signify that there has likely been a short somewhere in the electrical system. Often times when this happens, it is quite easy for the car’s computer (PCM) to be damaged or fried as a result of the short. If the vehicle will crank, but there is no power to any of the fuel or coil components, there is a good chance your computer is not communicating with them at all. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the problem with a scanning tool. One of two things may happen. If the computer is not fried, they will be able to download potentially useful information which will point to what the problem could be. If the computer is fried, it will not register with the scanning tool at all. A technician from YourMechanic can inspect any electrical problems your car is having or diagnose why your car is not starting.