Q: Car shuts off, will not start - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

asked by on September 07, 2016

The car shut off on me while I was driving. It will not start now. I had the gas tank drained. I had the fuel pump replaced as well as the distributor. It seems as if the fuel isn't getting to the injectors. What should Ido?

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote

Hello. I would check for power at the fuel pump. It sounds like you have a voltage issue. Most of the time, this occurs when the fuse blows or when the fuel pump relay goes bad. These all need to be checked. If the fuel pump is turning on then it may have a clogged filter. If you want to have this repaired, consider a certified technician from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or office and inspect your vehicle as well as make necessary repairs.