Q: Service ESC Service Traction

Been having issues with my Malibu. First of all my car never ran bad, always ran amazingly then one day my car just would not start. Gave a code of p0014 so my husband replaced a camshaft sensor. Still would not start. He noticed the battery was factory so we put a new battery in. Then he decided that the fuel pump needed to be replaced because he could not hear it trying to kick on. He dropped the fuel tank, replaced the fuel pump, put everything back in order and car starts right up. Sounds and drives great and idles well seems to be no problems however my ABS light and traction control light stays on and in my Dash it reads service ESC and service traction on the screen. Like I said seems to run great, drove it about 15 miles with no problems any suggestions?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty wheel speed sensor or potentially a malfunctioning ABS control module. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. It is quite common for wheel speed sensors to fail or become dirty to a point where they no longer emit the proper signal. I would recommend checking these sensors at each of the four wheels first as these are usually the likely culprit of this light coming on. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. Service ESC Service Traction