What could cause check engine light and transmission serv...

Q: What could cause check engine light and transmission service message to display on when weather is over 100 degrees?

asked by on June 16, 2017

The issue has occurred twice now, both times when the weather is hotter than usual, and the code can be cleared without returning until it is really hot weather.

Hi There, A number of sensors may become faulty in hot weather conditions which will ultimately cause the check engine light to come on. As the weather gets hotter, many sensors, fuel injectors and other components such as ignition coils will fail due to the fluctuation in temperature. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.