Q: Car stalls but then restarts once again in about 10 minutes

The car has been stalling very often lately. Awhile back the car just would not start after I went into the store. The other day, driving down the highway, the car made a 'bunk' noise, and the check engine light came on. Almost immediately, the car stalled. It would not start again, only making the noise to tell me it was turning over. I was forced to call a tow truck. When he arrived, I tried to show him that it would not start. But to my amazement, it did. The car started up again no problem. Today, the same thing happened .Coming out of the store, the car would not start. I waited about 10 minutes and tried again. It started, and the check engine light came on. I did not turn my car off again and less then half a mile down the road, the car stalled again. I did not wait this time to see if it would start again.

Hello. Though there are a lot of possible causes of this, the most common is the crankshaft position sensor. These fail all of the time on this engine. Before I change it I would usually scan the computer for codes. This will let me know if there are any other problems that the computer is seeing. If no codes are present then I monitor the signals of all of the sensors, including the crank sensor to see if I can see a problem. Some of the time it has to be tested while the problem is occurring to verify if that is actually it. If you are going to have this stalling issue looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Car stalls but then restarts once again in about 10 minutes