Q: Car won't turnover

The van will not turnover. I tried to jump the battery, but it does not seem strong enough for the engine to turn over. Could it be a sensor problem?

A: First we have to determine if the engine is...

First we have to determine if the engine is cranking and not starting, or soley not cranking. Do you see the motor spinning (look at the drive belt) when someone is turning the key to “start”. If it is cranking and not starting, if could be engine sensor or fuel pump related. If it is not cranking, it is battery, battery cable, or starter related. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and diagnose your engine’s turnover issue to get your car running correctly again.