Q: I live in CA. Can I tint the windows in my car?

I'd like to get my windows tinted but I'm not sure what the law in California is.... also how much should it cost to tint all 4 windows?

Window tint laws vary from state to state. In California, there is no limit for how dark you can tint your rear side windows or the larger back window as long as you have vision as a driver. However, for the front side windows, you are required to have at least 70% VLT (visual light transmission).

Typically, it will cost between $90-150 to tint all of your windows. Some higher end shops may charge more depending on the type of tint that they are using and the quality of the tint job that the shop claims to perform. If you were interested, you could also purchase your own window tint and attempt to tint the windows yourself in order to save money.