Q: I have a low battery reading and the Check Gauges Light is on

Low battery reading and check gauges light on. Getting code p1682. The battery gauge on dash moves up and down every now and then but now is going into the red and turning on gauge light. Runs fine still.

Hello. This is a failure in the alternator. When the alternator is not charging correctly this code will come up and the gauge will act like this. The low voltage that is in the system will cause all of these problems. I usually check the alternator by load testing it and checking the connections on it. If the connections are fine then the alternator is bad. If you are planning on having this charging system repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this charging system problem and repair it.

3. I have a low battery reading and the Check Gauges Light is on