Q: Are these issues related and could dealership have seen there were glow plug issues when the hooked my truck to their computer.

My F250 ran great until late one night in the middle of nowhere. Truck went from running good, to loss of power, then stall, then to crank but no start. No smoke, no codes, no loud noises, just stall, no start. I replaced oil filter (oil looked good.) Checked fuel condition (drained 2 gallons of fuel) replaced both filters, replaced IPR & pigtail, cleaned EGR, replaced ICP & pigtail.Truck would start/run but eventually stalled ( back to no start with no smoke or codes) Brought truck to dealership to scoped it, said 5 of 8 injectors were bad & fuel regulator/pump was bad. $2400 later I had 5 new injectors & regulator/pump. Went to pick up truck, dealership said they were having a power issue because of a sensor clamp, they replaced clamp, I picked truck up, seemed to be back to running great, drove hour of an hour & a half trip towards home when truck lost power, then stalled, died. No smoke, this time I got a glowplug code 0671. Could glow plug been my problem all along. I need help!

Hi there. The issue with the 6.0 L diesel engines is that they are to work fine in all conditions, but when the glow plug relay or the circuits fail, the computer will put the engine into limp mode causing the engine to stall out. If you are getting a glow plug code on the computer scan, check the glow plug relay and see if there is power to it. If there is power, then pull out the number 1 glow plug and look at it. If the plug is corroded or dark with blue burns, then the glow plug needs replaced. If the glow plug looks like a small blue spot and the rest looks like metal, then the glow plug relay needs replaced. It is possible that the glow plug circuit could be the only thing wrong with the vehicle, but to be sure, ask the dealership to explain how they determined that 5 injectors had failed in step-by-step procedures. If you need further assistance with your engine is stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Are these issues related and could dealership have seen there were glow plug issues when the hooked my truck to their computer.