Q: Overheats - 2008 Kia Spectra

My car will over heat when it has been driven for a short 20 min trip and comes to a stop, seems to be fine at highway speeds. I have replaced the thermostat, temp sending unit, lower radiator hose and bled the system as per kia recommends. Inspected fuses relays and fans and all appear to be normal. Had the timing belt replaced and they said the water pump looked good. I have not seen a loss of coolant either. I used after market temp sending unit and t stat also I have not replaced the upper hose. Engine also appears to be good and intact no milk in oil. Any other suggestions? Thanks

A: Hello. The symptoms you are describing are ...

Hello. The symptoms you are describing are commonly caused by air in the cooling system or a malfunctioning fan. If the system is properly filled and bled, then I would check the radiator fan switch or temperature sensor and fans. I would first try to determine if they are coming on when they are supposed to. The radiator fan switch / temperature sensor is the component responsible for activating the fans, and can cause similar symptoms to those you are experiencing if they go out. If you need help scoping about the problem precisely, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the overheating problem and assist with necessary repairs.