Q: Car shudders and vibrates

My car has several areas that are not fastened securely, such as the fan shroud, front bumper fasteners near the top of the radiator, and others. I feel a vibration that gets worse as the vehicle warms up, and with or without the AC on, almost to the point of shuddering, as if the engine may die.

The front crankshaft damper may have come apart and is not balancing the engine anymore. I recommend that you have a mechanic such as one from YourMechanic, come by and run a diagnosis on your car’s vibration, including an inspection of the damper, and trim panels.

3. Car shudders and vibrates