Q: Whining noise. 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

asked by on August 29, 2016

Whines when decelerating from 25 to about 17. Also whines when accelerating between those speeds.

Whining sound when car is in gear Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If you are only hearing the noise in those speed ranges, then you may have bad overrunning clutch needle bearings inside the transmission. In this case, the transmission will need to be overhauled and repaired. If you would like to have this looked at and tested before moving forward, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the whining noise and advise you on the next actions.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr