Q: Nissan Elgrand QD32 (automatic transmission) engine cuts when apply foot brake.

Nissan Elgrand QD32 (automatic transmission) engine cuts when apply foot brake. it happens once a day, every morning when i go to work. i have to restart the engine and find engine check light on, then restart for the second time and engine check light goes off. kindly help

Hello. The symptoms you describe, stalling and a check engine light, can be caused by many things. If the light is continuously coming on, then retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. A few things that can cause stalling when the brakes are applied are vacuum leaks, or a faulty brake booster. Similar symptoms can also be caused by faults with the vehicle’s fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If any of the vital components to these systems, such as the fuel pump, ignition coil, or an engine sensor, fail or have an issue, they can produce symptoms similar to those you are experiencing. I would start by retrieving the specific trouble codes that show up with the check engine light, and go from there. As the possibilities could be many, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the issue.

• Nissan Elgrand QD32 (automatic transmission) engine cuts when apply foot brake.