Q: Frozen non-drive wheel. Will not turn at all

My friends car has a tire that locked up on her while she was driving. I originally thought it was brakes, but the tire didnt turn at all when i tried to turn just the hub. It didnt let the tire rotate at all to the point it destroyed a new tire. Should i look at an E-brake problem, or just replace the entire hub?

You won’t know until you get the brake caliper off. If it is a brake problem, the caliper will be very difficult to remove but the hub will turn freely after you get it off. That could be a parking brake cable problem or a frozen caliper. If the caliper comes off easily and the hub still does not turn, then the wheel bearings have frozen and you will need a new hub and likely a new stub axle as well. Either way, if you decide this is more trouble than you want to go to yourself, you can have it taken care of right there at your home or office by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to you to check out you frozen wheel and inform you on what it will take to fix it.

3. Frozen non-drive wheel. Will not turn at all