Q: Car leaking water into driver's side when air conditioner on

asked by on June 14, 2016

Water is leaking into the driver's side of my car. The floor is full or water! It seems to happen only when I drive with the air conditioning on. Where is the water coming from? Will this be difficult to get fixed?

The most common cause of the floor becoming wet when the AC is on is due to the AC vent becoming clogged. When this happens the evaporation which is a by-product of the evaporator core working properly and can begin to build up. This buildup of water can then leak on the floor. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the leak and perform any repairs required.