Q: The smart key can turn the ignition but can't start the car

I have replaced a new battery thinking it was due to dead battery cuz the key was stuck inside the ignition, which couldn't turn it and all lights out on the dashboard. After the new battery was replaced, the smart key could turn the ignition, and lights on the dashboard but car still couldn't start. Also when I lifted my fingers from the key, the key would continue to turn the ignition with the engine cranking but again the car just wouldn't start.

Hi there. It appears that the issues you’re experiencing may be caused by the ignition lock cylinder. In some newer vehicles (made after 2000) this part has multiple springs inside the cylinder that allows you to press the key forward and allow it to automatically spring back once the vehicle starts. If this is not happening, then I suggest having a professional mechanic diagnose the starting problem so that the ignition and starting issue can be addressed properly.

3. The smart key can turn the ignition but can't start the car