Q: Battery light was on and now car won't start and keys stuck in ignition

Last night my battery light came on. This morning I went outside to warm up the truck. It started and everything seemed fine. I went back outside to leave and overhead lights were on but very dim. Nothing on the dashboard was working. Gages weren't reading or anything. Stero wasn't working either. Heat was barely blowing. I sat there for a second and then the truck turned off on me. Now the truck won't turn over or anything. I can't get the keys out of the ignition and the brakes locked up.

Hi there. It more than likely that you are experiencing an issue with the alternator or the main relay as opposed to the battery itself. Once your car starts, power to all components and accessories is provided by the alternator; not the battery. The battery light will illuminate on the dash when any part of the charging or power supply system is faulty. Having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first will allow them to download any stored error codes in your ECU and hopefully pinpoint what is causing all of these symptoms.

3. Battery light was on and now car won't start and keys stuck in ignition