Q: My 2006 Nissan quest won't change from first gear to 2 gear it over revs I can't go over 25 mph. How do I fix this problem?

My 2006 Nissan quest won't change gears out of first gear with out over reving engine I changed the fluid and that did not help any answers???

A: How was the condition of the fluid you got ...

How was the condition of the fluid you got out of the transmission, any fault codes? The engine is over revving because the transmission is slipping which can be caused by very worn materials inside the unit. A transmission can slip because of malfunctioning electronics inside the transmission, but it is more likely you have a mechanical failure. Consider taking the vehicle to a local transmission repair facility where the technicians can hook up to the vehicle to check the electronics before dismantling the unit if necessary.