Q: My 98 s10 2.2 starts and idles but when u give it gass it acks like its sucking air like a vacuum. Starving for fuel . no power .

Starts hard . when its idleing ok but give it gass it is like its starving for fuel .plugs are black running ritch . you have to push the pedal to the floor to start when warm .

Hi there. Based on what you’ve described, it appears you have multiple ignition and fuel system component issues causing these symptoms on your Chevrolet S-10. The rich idle situation (causing the black plugs) can be caused by damaged O2 sensors, MAF sensor, or EGR valve. It’s possible that all three of these items can be damaged at the same time. A vacuum leak would not likely be the source of this problem, but it is possible as well. It might be a better idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location first and complete a engine idle is rough inspection, so they can determine what needs to be done to resolve your problems.

3. My 98 s10 2.2 starts and idles but when u give it gass it acks like its sucking air like a vacuum. Starving for fuel . no power .