Q: Drove with emergency brake on

I drove with the emergency brake still on. Did I damage my car?

A: While driving with the emergency brake on i...

While driving with the emergency brake on is not good, there is no need to panic. Driving with the emergency brake on for a bit is usually not an issue, but if you drove for an extended period of time, there is a chance of damaging the lining on the rear brakes. Some systems use the same brake pads/shoes for the emergency brake as they do for general breaking. Some other vehicles use a different set of shoes just for the emergency brake. I would suggest getting a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your brakes and make sure there is no heat damage to the lining material.