Q: My car is throwing the code p0707 which means transmission range sensor I had another transmission put in same code

My car is throwing the code p 0 707 which I heard is the transmission range sensor I had another transmission put in and it's still throwing the same code

Hi, thanks for writing in. The transmission range sensor switch must be physically aligned with the gear selector in order to work properly. This generally involves putting the shifter in the Neutral position, then adjusting alignment of the range sensor switch to the default Neutral position. If they are not aligned, the transmission controller will detect mixed signals from the range switch and the transmission internals - resulting in the P0707 you see. It is also possible that the wiring harness to the range sensor is shorted, or has a poor connection somewhere in that segment of the wiring harness. I would recommend having YourMechanic.com diagnose this issue, provide an accurate assessment of damage, and estimate the cost of repairs.

3. My car is throwing the code p0707 which means transmission range sensor I had another transmission put in same code