Q: Power steering pump

The power steering pump pulley stops turning when I turn the steering wheel and makes a squealing sound and the steering does not work when that happens (intermediately) Do I need a new pump or pulley?

The belt that drives the pump should be checked to make sure it is tight enough and the tensioner is working to keep the belt tight. If the belt is in good condition and not damaged, and is nice and tight, then the pump may be tested for overpressure conditions before deciding on a replacement. I would recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your steering system to make sure that the system is working correctly. They will be able to replace your power steering pump or pulley if necessary.