Q: Cruise control not working

The cruise control will not turn on. When I press the button on my steering wheel, nothing happens.

A: Hi. There are quite a few things that could...

Hi. There are quite a few things that could be causing this issue. The control switch position is sent to the steering angle sensor via the clockspring in the steering column. Then the steering angle sensor sends the cruise control request to the engine computer via a communication bus. The codes will have to read at the steering angle sensor to determine which side of the cruise control circuit has an issue. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your cruise control mechanism to ensure it can engage properly.