Q: Wheel keeps humming, I think it's a wheel bearing

When traveling at around 40+ mph, there is a humming noise from the front the tires. The tires still have a lot of tread.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I believe you’re...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I believe you’re on the right track. Wheel bearing failures are common on many GM vehicles particularly their trucks and SUVs. I would recommend having your wheel bearings inspected with a mechanic’s stethoscope to determine which one is causing the noise. From there, if a replacement is needed, I would recommend having the wheel bearing replaced by a qualified professional with every with every retort to specification. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect this noise for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.