Q: Rumbling sound under hood as well as some type of liquid spewing out of a black pipe. Steam is coming out as well

Sounds like a animal trapped under my hood of the car but there isn't......temp gauge is past the H some type of liquid leaking out of the pipe and steam coming out of it too! Help please?

A: Hey there. If the vehicle is overheating, t...

Hey there. If the vehicle is overheating, the spewing liquid may be hot coolant. The area where the leak is coming from may have a component that is leaking itself or has a leaking seal. If you take vehicle to a repair facility, check the coolant level after the vehicle has been sitting for at least 3 hours and top it off with tap water if the level is low. The facility will be able to flush the cooling system to replace the tap water with the proper mix of coolant and distilled water. If you would like to have this addressed, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to verify the cause of the overheating issue and guide you through any needed repairs.