Q: Cars light and everything turns on but won't start and no nose

asked by on November 24, 2016

Well my car won't star I just try taking the black power cord off and put it back on and it started so turn it off and try to restart it and nothing

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Be sure not to remove the battery cables if and once the vehicle is running. Removal of the battery from the circuit at that time can cause a voltage excursion which will damage the PCM (powertrain control module or "vehicle computer"). If the battery is fully charged, what you want to do is see if full battery voltage is reaching the starter motor solenoid when the key is in the start position. You also need to check for voltage drop in the heavy cable that supplies the starter motor itself, from battery to connection at the starter. If the starter motor is receiving power, and there are no defects in the wiring (no excessive voltage drops) but the starter is not actuating, then there is something wrong with the starter motor. On the other hand, if no power is reaching the starter solenoid, then that circuit has to be traced from source (battery) through the wiring, ignition switch and any relays until the fault is found. Also, faults in the heavy cable, if they exist, have to be repaired. If you desire that a certified specialist from YourMechanic identify, and repair, the no start condition as part of a no start diagnostic, please set up a mobile appointment and the mechanic will come right to your door and resolve this issue for you.