Q: I recently bought a 2016 Chrysler 200 and I just got a tune up. Everytime I stop my car,it jerks BAD!

asked by on February 23, 2018

I recently performed a Tune up and replaced ALL spark plugs and the 1 ignition coil. Now when I stop like at a light of some sort, my car jerks BAD! Why could it be doing that?

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the jerking is occurring as you are slowing, but not yet fully stopped, it might be due to abrupt shifting in the transmission. However, if the jerking occurs after you are totally stopped, the fault is usually caused by a faulty engine management sensor or control, examples of which are idle air control, the throttle position sensor and so forth. Abrupt shifting is sometimes caused by a faulty vehicle speed sensor, shift solenoid or low transmission fluid. If you request an engine diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the issue, whether it is in the engine, transmission or sometimes both components. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.