Q: IDL - RPM is higher then normal

asked by on September 01, 2016

I changed the COIL, sparks, crankshaft sensor, i cleaned the TB from outside without removing it.then my RPM on Neutral (N) is between 1100 and 1300 , it should be on 800 . While on Drive the car IDL is 1100, when accelerating and moving the RPM seems higher then normal and increase acceleration of the Car . Sometimes the AC compressor get disconnected for a while and return to normal stage again while driving

You should first check to make sure you do not have any vacuum leaks. Scan the computer and diagnose any service codes. If you do not have any codes, then you may just have to relearn the idle of the vehicle computer by warming the engine with the A/C off put in drive and let idle for a few minutes in gear. Then put it in park and let idle for a few minutes. Do the same with the A/C on and blower speed set to medium and coldest settings. Recheck the idle and see if it came down. If it did, then you are okay. If it is still high, then have a mechanic inspect the engine for idle control issues.