Q: Convertible top won't open/close properly & no repairs work

The convertible top on my car won't completely close, nor open. I drove it to the dealership (again) where I was told the the flap motors should be replaced to fix this problem. So I agreed. They replaced the flap motors and I drove home. However, the problem is still there. It just won't close or open properly and won't completely close. There have been several other times that I have taken it to be fixed and no one seems to be able to. Can you give me any insight as to how I can get this permanently repaired and in good working condition?

As vehicles age, it is not uncommon to have convertible top issues. Convertible tops rely on many sensors and motors to work properly. When one or more of these items start to have issues, it can be difficult to detect which is the cause. The most common causes are one of the top motors, or a latch assembly. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose any problems with the convertible top and perform any repairs required.