Q: 2005 Honda Civic standard. Brakes are engaging themselves while we are driving. The car slows down on its own, the rotors get all

2005 Honda Civic. Standard. We have changed the brakes, rotors, calipers, and bled the brake lines and no improvement. When we are driving the car starts to lose speed and the rotors get extremely hot. It slows right down, we can have accelerator pinned and keeps going slower. We are not sure what else to do to solve this problem.

If the brake master cylinder internal residual check valve sticks it will not let pressure release to the brakes and will cause brake drag. You should jack up suspect locking brakes wheel and if it will not turn then crack the brake lines at the master cylinder to see if the brakes release? If they do, then replace master cylinder and check booster pin clearance to the master cylinder is proper and not out too far engaging the master cylinder when not touching brakes?

3. 2005 Honda Civic standard. Brakes are engaging themselves while we are driving. The car slows down on its own, the rotors get all