Q: What are the various functions on the manual Heating and Air Conditioning system?

What are the various functions on the manual Heating and Air Conditioning system?

You need climate control to make sure that you’re cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Your car’s Heating and Air Conditioning system gives you the ability to maintain the ideal temperature inside the cabin at all times. Here’s what you need to know about the controls:

• Fan Speed: Use this to adjust the speed of the fan/blower.

• Rear Defroster: This turns on the defroster in the rear window.

• Defrost: This turns on the front defroster, which is tied to the fan control and the car’s air conditioner.

• Foot and Defrost: This setting turns on both defrost and the foot vents in the front of the car.

• Power: This turns the Climate Control (Heating and Air Conditioning) system on or off. If the system is off, no air will come through the vents.

• Upper Vents: Selecting this will make air blow out of the upper vents only.

• Upper and Lower Vents: Selecting this splits the airflow between the upper vents and the floor vents.

• Floor Vents: This setting produces air from the floor/foot vents only.

• Temperature Control: Lets you dial in the perfect temperature for the interior of the car.

• Recirculate: This changes the airflow from fresh outside air to recirculated air.

• Max A/C: This turns the air conditioner to maximum cool.

• A/C: This turns on the car’s air conditioner.

• Ext Temp: This displays the outside temperature (if your car is equipped with this feature).

3. What are the various functions on the manual Heating and Air Conditioning system?