Q: Keep getting Battery saver mode on my message screen and i replaced the battery like the dealer said.. message came back on?

asked by on June 13, 2016

keep getting this battery saver mode message. when i took it to the dealer they told me it was because my battery was leaking and told me to purchase a new battery, when i did the message came back on

Hello. A battery saver mode light can sometimes be set off by an issue with the battery, but it is also often set off if a problem occurs with the alternator, such as low or excessive output from a failed voltage regulator.

I would check the alternator to make sure that it is in proper functioning order, as an alternator issue can not only cause problems with the vehicle, it could also cause damage to the battery.

If you’d like to get this repaired, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose the cause of the battery light firsthand and replace the alternator if necessary.