Q: Don't know which amp alternator to get to replace mine.

Have a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali with 6.2l v8 and my alternator needs to be replaced but there are 2 replacement options a 145amp and a 160amp and I don't know which one to get, or which one my truck needs or does it make a difference? Don't want to get wrong one

Hi there. The amperage rating is not the power of an alternator but rather the output that it can handle. Either alternator will work on your vehicle with no problems. I recommend putting in what your vehicle came with stock, however, if there are added features in the vehicle, then I recommend going with the 160 amp alternator. If you need further assistance with your alternator, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.