Q: There is a VERY loud roaring noise when i take my car above 60 on the highway coming from the soft top hood.

asked by on February 17, 2017

When taken above 65, especially in windier areas my cars soft top makes a horrifically loud roaring noise. So loud you need to scream to talk to the person in the passengers seat.Its an older car and an old soft top. Will replacing the soft top help? or might it be something else? If I replace the soft top do I need to buy the high end soft tops (ranging cloer so $1000) to prevent this noise from happening again?

-Hannah

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello Hannah. Sometimes on a soft top Jeep (specifically Wranglers), the excessive noise is caused by a weather strip on the outside of the doors that has worn out. It’s also possible that the interior ’weather strip’ on the top is the root issue. Before you spend the money to replace the roof, you might want to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the precise source of the road noise issue; so the right repairs can be completed.