Q: Rattling heard and felt from underneath car when accelerating. Car hesitates (as if it will cut off) when accelerating

I feel knocking underneath car and also hear/feel rambles from beneath when I take off from stop or accelerate. My car hesitates as if it will cut off when accelerating from stop. The 'Put-Put' also occurs when accelerating on the highway.

The traction indicator light is illuminating. The service engine light is illuminating

Hi, thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear of your difficulty with your 2012 Sonic. The good news is your Check Engine Light is on, so what means the fault has been "recorded" by the engine computer and diagnostic codes will be available to the mechanic to search for the fault. The codes don’t necessarily indicate which "parts" have failed but rather will indicate which systems are malfunctioning and causing poor operation of the engine. Individual components in these systems will then have to be tested by the mechanic. The traction codes may or may not be related to the issue with the engine, the poor acceleration, but those traction codes will have to be evaluated as well. It is possible there is more than one problem. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle for you and download codes your car computer has stored, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• Rattling heard and felt from underneath car when accelerating. Car hesitates (as if it will cut off) when accelerating