Q: Car ticking when idling

My car ticks when idling and I see air bubbles in the oil, when checking the dipstick, after the engine has been running.

With the age of your vehicle, it is common to expect a ticking noise. Your vehicle is known to have a problem with the PCV system, especially the ’trap’ canister and the hoses. I would recommend seeking a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the car’s ticking noise further in person. If necessary, they will be able to perform any services or repairs to get rid of the noise.