Q: Q: Reduced Power light

A light came on that says Reduced Power, and the car will not accelerate. We think we need to clean or replace the catalytic converter.

Hello. It is possible that the catalytic converter is clogged causing a lack of power in the car. It is possible that cleaning out the catalytic converter will fix the problem, but most of the time the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. The loss of power and Reduced Power light coming on, could also be an indication of a transmission issue. Proper diagnosis of your Reduced Power light is necessary to determine whether the catalytic converter or transmission issue is the problem.

3. Q: Reduced Power light