My truck had a hard time starting after sitting for over ...

Q: My truck had a hard time starting after sitting for over 30 minutes every time I would start it. Now it dies after driving a bit.

asked by on October 15, 2017

My truck had a hard time starting after sitting for over 30 minutes everyday when I would start it. However, it always started. Then out of nowhere when I was moving my furniture it died in the street. I parked and checked the fuel fuses and the fuel pump relay, has a new fuel pump by the way. After sitting about 10 minutes I tried to start and it struggled like usual and started. I'm not sure where to check now? I can go outside and it will still start but I'm too nervous to go out on the road with it now.

A problem like this can be due to causes such as partially plugged fuel injectors, weaknesses in the ignition system, and possibly even low engine compression due to leaking valves or rings. Whether the vehicle does not start, starts and dies, or stalls, if you simply request a no/hard starting - engine diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the issue and let you know exactly what must be done to get the vehicle functioning reliably. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.