Q: i have a 1994 z28 and i did a head gasket replacement for some blown head gaskets. I then tried changing the timing gears and when

asked by on May 30, 2017

i have a 1994 z28 and i did a head gasket replacement for some blown head gaskets. I then tried changing the timing gears and when i took the timing cover off, broke the gasket as it connects to the oil pan gasket. I was wondering how much it would cost to change the oil pan gasket as most of the stuff is already off to get there. I was also wondering how much it would cost to put everything back together such as the intake, exhaust manifolds, starter, timing gears, new wirings, distributor, and new rockers. I already have everything, i just need to put everything back together. In your opinion how much would this cost? Or do you know someone that can do it?

Hi there. It really depends on the location of the motor (meaning if it’s installed in the vehicle or loose and on an engine stand), that would factor into the price and whether this is a project one of our mobile mechanics can complete. We can complete the oil pan gasket replacement, but some of the other jobs like wiring harness, intake and rocker arm installation is outside of our scope of service. In regards to estimates for those services, I would suspect it would cost anywhere from $400 to $1,000 based on where it’s completed and what supplies would be needed.