Q: My fuel guage is not working and always tells me i have a full tank. Will my fuel light still come on if my tank is close to empty?

I have a vauxhall corsa 1.4 sxi and my fuel guage says i have 349 miles left to drive, it has been stuck like this for weeks. When i have 10/20 miles left to drive will me fuel light still warn me? Thanks in advance

Fuel Gauge Sender Replacement $125.41 - $1062.69 Get a Quote

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. The fuel tank sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.