Q: Misfiring and p0300 code

asked by on July 31, 2016

My car started misfiring and found a coolant leak at my coolant elbows or water pump bypass elbows could replacing these fix my misfire

It may be possible the misfire is from coolant leaking onto the plug wires. You will need to fix the coolant leaks first and at the same time make sure the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors did not get coolant in their connectors. I’d suggest cleaning them out and applying dielectric lube to connections.

If you need some assistance with this, consider getting help from a local mechanic or a mobile technician from YourMechanic. They will be able to help diagnose your misfire and make the necessary repairs to get you going again. Good luck!