Q: Keyhole damaged after attempted break in.

asked by on December 21, 2015

After someone tried to break into my car, the keyhole became damaged. Now, I cannot insert my key into the keyhole to get inside.

I would recommend having your door handle/lock assembly replaced by a professional. Most door locks are integrated into the outer door handle but if yours is not than the lock itself is all that will be needed. The technician will remove your door panel and any other parts within the door obstructing access to the lock mechanism. Then once the new lock is installed a new key may have to be used. Most new door locks come with a new key as well.