Transmission not shifting into second gear avalon 2002 v...

Q: Transmission not shifting into second gear

asked by on August 12, 2017

transmission not shifting in second gear only after second gear the transmission is shifting normally without problem I mean between 30-60 speed the rPM rise to 4-5 and still stop by 4-15 second to transmission shifting to third gear and I check my car for computer but I not find any sensor is damage

It could be that your transmission is in "limp home" mode. If the controller has sensed a problem with second gear, like slippage, it may skip second gear to enable you to drive the car. Scanning the car for trouble codes should reveal the problem. It will have to be done with Toyota specific software. A generic scan tool will not do the trick in this case. You can have this conveniently done by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Avalon and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.