I ran Outta gas and put gas in it and it still won't star...

Q: I ran Outta gas and put gas in it and it still won't start

asked by on December 11, 2016

I pulled in the driveway not knowing I was low on fuel it didn't run out of gas I shut it off and then noticed that my tank was on empty and it would not start I went to the gas station got gas put in it $20 worth still it will not crank ever try to start it start up and shut right back down

If the car was run completely out of fuel, there is a chance that the fuel pump may have been damaged. The fuel pump relies on the fuel in the tank to keep it cool, lubricated and functioning properly. In the event that the tank is ever run dry, this can cause the fuel pump to burn up. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your fuel pump.