Q: Hard to turn.

My truck is hard to turn.

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The power steering most likely has an issue either in the pump assembly or in the steering rack itself. The fluid level in the system needs to be full with the proper fluid. This is done with the engine at operating temperature and the fluid level should be at the FULL/HOT mark on the power steering dipstick. If a groaning sound is present when turning the steering wheel with the engine on and the fluid level is full then the power steering pump is most likely the issue. If the fluid level is full and there is no power assist you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic to assist in the diagnosis and repair of the power steering system.